Satellite Connectivity Summit Webinar Event
Analysing the Role of Satellite and Ground Network Infrastructure in the Connected and On-demand World
14 September 2021 // 4.00 pm CEST
- Jerome Soumagne - Vice President, Systems Engineering and Networks, Inmarsat
- Roger Boddy - Member of the Satellite Consultative Committee, Ofcom
- Dr Sandro Scalise - Head of Satellite Networks Department, DLR
- Aarti Holla-Maina - Secretary General, ESOA
- Fabio Curreli - Team Leader, Telecom Payload, OHB System AG
As satellite infrastructures become more advanced and software-defined, there is a tremendous opportunity for the industry to integrate into existing and future terrestrial networks – with backhaul demands, remote connectivity, and the demand for 5G and IoT increasing, existing and future satellite infrastructures can help spur the implementation and efficiency of these networks. However, the role of satellite capabilities within these networks has traditionally been limited.
This webinar brings together experts within the satellite and telecommunications industry to analyse and assess how and where the satellite industry can make its long-anticipated mark on terrestrial networks.
Topics to discuss:
- Where does the satellite industry need to act now in order to play a key role in future 5G integration, broadcast media distribution and connectivity in remote areas?
- How will the satellite industry shape itself to include LEO, GEO and MEO capacity solutions?
- What are key B2C services where the satellite industry can move into?